From time to time it is easy to feel a little down, run down or like things are getting on top of you. Here are some things that I like to do to give me an instant mood boost:
- Get outside, go for a walk, it does not matter where so long as you get some fresh air & move your body.
- Listen to music. This can be a real game changer for me as music has the ability to change my state instantly.
- Start a gratitude journal. See my post about it Gratitude & Good News
- Journal – It can really help to get everything out of your head onto paper. Leave a notepad and pen next to your bed so that before you go to sleep you can jot down all of your ideas.
- Call a friend or arrange to meet to for a coffee. Sometimes having a good old chat and putting the world to rights is all you need. Connecting with someone else who knows you and loves you can be the best thing in the world.
- Help someone, this could be giving up your seat on public transport, holding the door open, paying on for someones coffee.
- Take a break from devices and social media. Please remember that social media only represents parts of people’s lives that they want to be seen. Often the washing on the radiators or the kids toys everywhere does not go on Instagram.
- Breathing exercises. There are lots of different breathing exercises which can help with how you feel, choose one which makes you feel good.
- Day dream. Let your mind wander and have a good day-dream session. By letting your mind wander it can help you unwind and not focus on the trials of the day.
What do you think of the above ideas? What do you do when you need to boost yourself?